The Producer Is Addressing the Pollution Originated by the Chemical Substances Used During the MMCF Production Process. It Has Joined a Credible Initiative That Advances Solutions on Chemical Management.
The producer is implementing, for all of its sites, pollution control technologies to limit their impact, developing an approach for the recovery of substances used or generated during the production of MMCF.
In the future, criteria will be built out by ZDHC to apply V2.0 of ZDHC MMCF Guidelines, including air emissions and responsible fibre production.
Key Improvements Required
- The company needs to plan for and schedule its second audit, which will verify actions taken to reduce risk in its supply chain.
- Continue to work towards the company’s stated goal of recycled raw materials accounting for more than 50% of the total in 2023, 70% by 2025.
- Where virgin fibres are unavoidable, and they are not coming from key priority Ancient and Endangered Forests, procure higher volumes of FSC 100% certified inputs from sources that have achieved FSC Forest Management certification on the ground.
Areas where the company is showing leadership
The company has demonstrated remarkable improvement, moving from a yellow-green to a partially dark green shirt in 2022 (19.5 to 28 buttons).
- Undertook significant efforts to implement its policy commitments.
- Completed its first CanopyStyle Audit, and took action to eliminate risk.
- Increased its use of FSC fibre.
- Supported conservation solutions, as well as the call for protecting 30% of the world’s Ancient and Endangered Forests by 2030, in a letter from MMCF producers to parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
- Demonstrated awareness of the status of Ancient and Endangered Forests in the countries from which they source, and efforts needed to protect them.
- It has also given its support to the ForestMapper tool.
Next Generation Solutions:
- Partnered with leading edge innovators, and continues to invest in research, development, and production of Next Generation alternative fibres.
Number of viscose, lyocell and dissolving pulp mills + location and production volumes
Acegreen is an innovative manufacturer making lyocell filament yarn. It runs one facility in Ershui Township, Changhua County, Taiwan, that has an annual capacity of 1000 tonnes, with recent production at 1000 tonnes per year.