Key Improvements Required
- To prioritize the development of products that meet or surpass the current market expectation for viscose and filament yarn products containing at least 50% Next Generation raw material input.
- Use ForestMapper to ensure future expansion plans and ventures are not located in Ancient and Endangered Forests.
Areas where the company is showing leadership
ENKA has demonstrated valuable leadership in:
- Proactively engaging with Canopy to join the CanopyStyle initiative. The company has taken meaningful actions to support various conservation solutions in Ancient and Endangered Forests.
- Acquiring FSC CoC certification for its facility and increasing the volume of FSC COC certified fibre to 100% in a shorter time frame than expected.
- Engaging in dialogue, developing partnerships and testing new innovative materials with next generation partners.
- Piloting the new ZDHC (Roadmap to Zero Programme) wastewater guidelines.
- Obtaining the gold level Cradle to Cradle (C2C) certification for material health.
Number of viscose, lyocell and dissolving pulp mills + location and production volumes
The production and central warehouse of ENKA are located in Industrie center Obernburg. An additional textile treatment plant is located in Gorzow, Poland. Capacity 8 000 tonnes.
ENKA produces viscose filament yarn.
ENKA uses only softwood tree species including spruce and pine.