The Producer Is Addressing the Pollution Originated by the Chemical Substances Used During the MMCF Production Process. It Has Joined a Credible Initiative That Advances Solutions on Chemical Management.
The producer is implementing, for all of its sites, pollution control technologies to limit their impact, developing an approach for the recovery of substances used or generated during the production of MMCF.
In the future, criteria will be built out by ZDHC to apply V2.0 of ZDHC MMCF Guidelines, including air emissions and responsible fibre production.
Key Improvements Required
- Implement procedures in addition to forest certification to ensure avoidance of Ancient and Endangered Forest fibre sourcing.
- Ensure full FSC CoC certification throughout the supply chain, including the trading agent, and procure higher volumes of FSC 100% certified fibre inputs.
- Develop and implement a procedure with suppliers to identify the initial date of plantations and avoid fibre from post-1994 plantations.
- Develop and implement an internal action plan to collaborate with Next Generation innovators and explore the development of alternative fibre sourcing and production.
- Continue to build the company’s awareness of the status of Ancient and Endangered Forests in the landscapes from which they source fibre, and provide support for efforts to increase conservation.
Areas where the company is showing leadership
P.T. RUM completed its first CanopyStyle Audit in 2022 and has leapt from a rainbow shirt (“new and engaged”) and 7 buttons in 2021, to 15 buttons and a green-yellow shirt this year.
- Completed and published its first CanopyStyle Audit.
- Obtained FSC COC certification.
- Uses Canopy’s ForestMapper and Dissolving Pulp tools to identify and avoid risk in its supply chain.
Number of viscose, lyocell and dissolving pulp mills + location and production volumes
P.T. RUM has one MMCF manufacturing facility in Sukoharjo, Central Java, Indonesia. The company is affiliated with Sritex and other companies within the Lukminto family conglomerate.
The MMCF manufacturing facility has a production capacity of 80,000 tonnes per annum.